Fall Inspiration Around the House

Now that September has arrived I, like most yarn crafters and general sweater loving people, could not be more excited about the autumn months ahead! Summer is great and all, but four months without sweaters or hot tea is somewhat painful. Recently I have been jotting down a few fun project ideas for the fall. I decided to search for some autumn inspiration around my own room and make a 3D “Pinterest” board. Haha. I am such a visual person and collages like this always give a boost to my creativity. I just really like the look of things grouped together.

I found a surprising amount of fall inspiration during my scavenger hunt around the house and a dig through my yarn stash.

– I bought myself a new cozy sweater to add to my collection thanks to Erin’s pop-up shop. I love the collar and the embroidered flowers. It gives me ideas on how I could dress up a plain sweater, or scarf, and make it my own.
– Since the leaves are still green and holding on tight to the trees outside my window, I decided to crochet a handful of my own leaves in autumnal colors. I’m still brainstorming ideas for these soft leaves…the possibilities are endless!
– I’m ready for hot tea, socks and shoes other than flip flops. A nice walk on a crisp day is always inspiring!
– Even though I am no longer a student and school supplies are a thing of the past, I need to stay organized now more than ever! I’m already filling up my many notebooks, planners, and sticky notes with ideas and deadlines.

Fall is such a beautiful season. I can’t wait to fill it will new crafts, adventures and memories! Unfortunately the only signs of fall right now are the crochet leaves scattered around my room.

What is your favorite part of fall? The crafts? The clothes? All of the above, right? :)

1. My Hideaway says:

Fall is hands down my favorite season for most of the reasons you listed above: cozy layers (outfits are so much more interesting when you can wear more than tissue-thin tees and skirts!), apple-y baked things, warm teas and coffees, spiced air, changing colors outside, fall holidays (Halloween! Thanksgiving!) and markets and craft fairs. I could really keep listing things here forever. I love your crocheted leaves. :)

2. Amanda says:

Cute! And I love that calendar. I get a little stand-up calendar for my desk every year, from various folks on etsy. Who designed yours?

3. Caleisha says:

What do you use for the white background in your photos and is that your handwriting in the photos?

I like the grouping you do on here too. Your photography is so crisp and clean :)

4. studio meez says:

We only had one month of good summer weather so I hope summer will stay a little longer. Though I’m looking forward to the leaves who will change into beautiful colors and the many scarfs I can wear.

5. Sara says:

While I have to agree about the sweaters (I live in them, the bulkier the better) my favourite part of fall is the smell of the leaves as they decompose… is that weird? there really isn’t any better smell than a forest in fall.

6. Megan Ta Da says:

That sweater is perfect in every way! Ah Autumn can’t get here soon enough. It is always something special up in New Hampshire… hopefully I can churn out that fawn-cho before next summer comes around!

7. oh so cute, I seriously need to start crochet leaves!

Meghan, The Flight of Fancy

8. Angela says:

Love the colors of the tape & your agenda! I soo can’t wait for fall. Some faves: layering up, hot coffee (and cider and cocoa), orange leaves, crochet!

9. Sarah says:

I don’t think there’s a single thing I dislike about fall. Pumpkin spice drinks, knitting a ton, nice walks with my dog, new school supplies, and that nice nip in the air. I could feel the beginning of fall in the wind today and got so excited! It was still 95 degrees out, but there was that lack of humidity and a longer sunset that means autumn is near! :)

And also, I think those leaves would look really neat on a headband or a garland!

10. vintage grey says:

Love the sweet crocheted leaves and the sweater!! Yay, for fall!! I love the crisp air, cozy sweaters, soups, hot tea, and pumpkins. xo Heather

11. Sarah Dee says:

I think you should make the crochet leaves into a banner! How cute would that be!?

xoxo Sarah

12. Eveline says:

When I think back, as a child I once got totally wet coming home from school. At home, I took a warm shower, got a nice warm pj on and had a cup of tea with my mom on the couch watching the wind and rain outside. I think I was like 8 years old. That safe, warm and cosy feeling and fall go hand in hand.
    And as a bonus, I can cover up the parts of my body I don’t like to show of without getting very hot and sweaty!
    And another bonus, wearing my scarfs that I love but are to warm for summer!

13. I started working on a blanket and I am planning my look for the cold seasons coming… Septembre is always time for resolutions!

14. sophie says:

omg! great post! lovely stuff!
    Really love your blog!

15. yoojin says:

I love your fall inspiration, Meredith!! <3 <3
    I’m looking forward to fall too: Tea + cookies, tights + legwarmers, hats + ponchos aaaaaaaaaand knitting + crocheting! 😀 😀
    Love that sweater, looks so cozy. :)
    Best wishes, yoojin

16. Today is the first day it actually feels like fall and this was so great to see! I love all of it!

17. Oh So Lovely says:

you got the sweater! yay! i hope it fits like a dream! great post girl!

18. Ms. Megan says:

I am so excited for Autumn!! That sweater looks so cozy and I can’t wait to bake and have the entire house smelling of cinnamon!! :)

19. What is “fall”???? No, don’t answer … it’s just going to be 104F today and for the next few days. o_O But they say a “serious” cold front is one it’s way, hopefully sometime over the weekend. Our temps should drop to the high 80s. LOL Sweater weather still a tad far off in my future. Thankfully they make lace weight yarns!!

20. Embley says:

I really love autumn (fall)! It’s my favourite time of year when all the leaves change colour and I can wear cosy scarves!
    Another gorgeous post! I love your blog and read it all the time, and I’ve just grabbed your button!

21. eden mariel says:

I love those leaves! I don’t crochet much, but they look pretty easy… just a long piece to start in the center and build around that?

22. 貓寶石 says:

哈囉 你好

23. Denise says:

I love those socks! Did you knit them? & if so, could you link to the pattern? I have this amazing fingering weight MCN yarn in a vibrant red-pink-orange, and I’ve been saving it for a really nice (but not lacy) sock pattern.

24. So happy that Fall is here! Knitting is my favorite and of course cozy Fall drinks! Your agenda book is too cute! Where did you get it? And I think even when I’m done with school, I’ll always get new school supplies too. It’s a tradition I love and I always fill up stuff too:)

25. Jennifer M. says:

I love everything about Fall! It’s my favorite time of year. I love the leaves, the smells, the colors, the sweaters, the knitting, the warm drinks, the pumpkin pies. :)

26. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought
    this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉

27. But it was a sharp mind, everything you eat? What diet plans
    I mean this is still unknown. Proper nutritional requirements are a lot of
    people who had the day, deduct the calories of a particular type of options.
    Diets based on fashion trends, celebrities’ physical appearance,
    or realize. If this sounds about right for your kitchen using actual whole-grain flour.

Check out my blog post diets that work

28. Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering
    if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so
    I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously

29. krčne žile says:

Hello there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?
    I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems
    with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives for another
    platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good

30. constantly i used to read smaller articles that also clear their motive,
    and that is also happening with this article which I am
    reading now.

My web blog; médicaments génériques

31. I do believe all of the ideas you’ve introduced for your post.
    They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for novices.
    May just you please extend them a little from subsequent time?
    Thank you for the post.

32. I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog
    that’s equally educative and amusing, and let me tell
    you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The issue is something too few men and women are
    speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this during my search for something concerning this.

my site: tarot gratuit en ligne

33. how do you resist those strong temptations to eat wrong foods and hurt your health and your light level.
    In contrast to high priced drugs and medical care,
    the improvement dietetic therapy is free of charge.
    Find more helpful informative articles at our website.

My blog … gluten free society wga

34. I was very pleased to discover this page.
    I want to to thank you for your time due to this wonderful
    read!! I definitely savored every bit of it and I have you book marked to see new information on your site.

35. Yes! Finally something about targets for shooting.

36. Une nouvelle fois, comment maigrir rapidement
    mais ce qui serai tragique pour ta santé ni tes nerfs eet
    ton métabolisme.

Take a look aat my weblog – avis sur lipo 13 et carbuloss

37. A motivating discussion is worth comment. I think that you
    need to publish more about this subject matter, it might not be a taboo
    subject but generally folks don’t speak about such topics.
    To the next! Best wishes!!